15 Jul 2016
Reading time ~1 minute
What I Did
- Went extreme mountain biking Eli, Justin, Albert, and Michael.
- Intern meeting to review design comps.
- Paired with Eli to build out my first CK component in React for the intern group project.
What I Learned
Though I was previously very concerned about my ability to accomplish the task at hand, it turns out that all that needs to be included within the components that I’m going to continue to build out are simply the raw attributes that each component will contain. Though many of the components will share common attributes (text fields, images, etc.) each component is unique from the back-end in so far as the number of these unique attributes that they contain. Of course, the real difference will be made when our FED “intern” Ben actually applies the appropriate styling to set each component apart. Though I had a very basic understanding of this fact from the get-go, it wasn’t until Eli actually walked me through building out one of the components that this became clear to me.
What I Still Don’t Understand
I’m still not so clear on how to take the generated JSON CK data and parse it appropriately through Rails to appropriately place the data for Ben to then manipulate. I’m sure this will become clear to me in a few days or so. Also, the internals of all of the built in CK components and add-ons that I’m going to be using are still way beyond my current understanding. I’ll have to tackle all of that glory under the hood a bit at a time, so I’m not just blindly building things.