12 Jul 2016
Reading time ~1 minute
What I Did
I mostly did a fair amount of research into the dependencies that I will be relying on for setting up CK today. Luckily, the documentation for Viget’s open source projects is very good.
What I Learned
- Webpack loaders allow you to pre-process files as you require or load them
- ActiveAdmin is a simple resource management Ruby gem.
- ActiveMaterial: A skin based on Google’s material design.
- ActiveVersioning: Serializes attributes when records are saved and allows for version and draft management.
- SimplestPhoto: An easy way to add photos to a Rails app and attach them to models.
- Serialization is the process of turning an object in memory into a stream of bytes so you can do stuff like store it on disk and send it over a network.