18 Jul 2016
Reading time ~1 minute
What I Did
- Naturally, as all of this REACT business is new to me, I continued to spend today on editing the blocks that I had built out. Eli pointed out to me that the amount of nesting of child components I had implemented was very unintuitive and downright confusing. So that needs to be addressed…
What I Learned
- I learned how to integrate CK with Rails. The setup amounted to pulling in about 3 files from one of Eli’s projects which defined a generic component, basic helper methods that directly respond to a render_blocks call from a given view, and a ruby class and corresponding partial view for every given component that I’ve instantiated on the CMS.
What I Still Don’t Understand
- Although some of how all this stuff miraculously works is more or less still magic to me, I’m going to have to continue churning such block classes out in order to fulfill deadline expectations. This is despite Eli having explained the pieces to me in great detail on two separate occasions at this point.